Thursday, February 23, 2012

Downton Abbey


I heart Downton Abbey. Sigh. I just spent the weekend watching a marathon session of Season 2 with my sister and my oldest niece. It was AWESOME. I do have to agree, however, that it wasn’t as good as Season 1. It seems like that always happens. A show rocks its first season, then somewhere it loses its way. There were, of course, amazingly funny moments. And moments that I swear I was close to tears. But there were also a number of storylines that just seemed to plod along and then disappear, leaving me wondering why they were there to begin with.

Anyone who knows me well, knows I’m a huge Anglophile. I’ve passed this obsession along to Harrison as well, who has decided that he is going to try to bring hats back. He’s been wearing his fedora almost constantly. Now he wants a chauffer’s hat like Branson.
The plan for me is to re-watch Season 2 without interruption so that I can savor it. I cannot wait until Season 3. Is that wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment